A Pinzon Velvet Plush Throw Blanket Review Won’t Answer These 45 Questions – Part 1 of 2
★★★★★ A Pinzon Velvet Plush Throw Blanket review will not answer these 34 questions. Get the truth from people who own a Pinzon Velvet Plush Throw Blanket, including the fact that it won’t…
This report about the Pinzon Velvet Plush Throw Blanket answers these questions
• Has anyone had any issues with the grey color blanket shedding? It seems like the navy(maybe choc too) one is the real lint culprit in the reviews.
• Is this velvet material made from natural fibers?
• Is "burgundy" more of a pink-red or is it more of a the maroon. In other words, does the color match the picture? Thanks lot!
• Californian or Eastern King size?
• Is the shedding really that bad?
• How many Watts of power does it draw? I have a solar power system.
• It's winter time and I dont have a heater. It will get 40 degrees in there. Is this a good one for keeping warm?
• How is this blanket supposed to be cleaned?
• Is Aubergine like a plum purple color?
• Will this blanket shed / pill?
• What is the velvet fabric made of? (Per the label attached to the blanket)
• How is the packaging? Is it suitable for a gift?
• Does the blanket "Pill" after drying in the dryer?
• How big is it?
• Did you have problems with this blanket shedding? We had similar blankets from Bed Bath and Beyond on a "good deal" & couldn't wash them enough.
• Any color suggestions?
• Can I use the dryer?
• Is the material polyester? What does the label say? I'm not sure what "microplush" is made from, and that's all it mentions.
• How large is the throw??
• Is it a cool grey or warm grey in color
• I want to gift this blanket. How does it come packaged? In a plastic bag? With a ribbon?
• Does this blanket shed? Thanks.
• Does the teal match the color of all the pictures? In the pictures, it looks like blue, not teal to me.
• What are the dimensions for the king size?
• Can anyone tell me the exact thickness of the throw?
• Does it keep you warm, and is a queen size the right size for a queen bed /two people?
• Is a twin big enough for me? im 5'2 and it fits my height but I like to curl up in blankets
• The Blanket does it shade
• What is the gms of this blanket?
• Is this blanket a true gray? It looks very dark in the picture and almost has a brownish look.
• How would you describe the thickness of this blanket? Does it feel thin/cheap?
• Is the gray a light gray or dark gray? I was hoping to get a dark gray to complement the light gray we have.
• Made in USA?
• Would you say it's a light weight blanket? I can't have a heavy one. Thanks!
* * *
 QUESTION: HAS ANYONE HAD ANY ISSUES WITH THE GREY COLOR BLANKET SHEDDING? IT SEEMS LIKE THE NAVY(MAYBE CHOC TOO) ONE IS THE REAL LINT CULPRIT IN THE REVIEWS.
• Mine stopped shedding after wash or two. love this blanket. i have the brown one
• I bought it two months ago and so far I have not noticed any issues with it.
• We have a grey one and a brown one and they are not shedding.
• I have all 3 colors and only noticed bad shedding with the navy. Did not notice any with the other colors.
• Yes, it sheds terribly! We have the Navy one, it is awful!
• I bought this blanket for my son . I really loved the color and softness of it . I will let you know about the shedding issue when I talk with him .
 QUESTION: IS THIS VELVET MATERIAL MADE FROM NATURAL FIBERS?
• No. It’s 100% polyester.
 QUESTION: IS &QUOT;BURGUNDY&QUOT; MORE OF A PINK-RED OR IS IT MORE OF A THE MAROON. IN OTHER WORDS, DOES THE COLOR MATCH THE PICTURE? THANKS LOT!
• True Burgundy. Well worth purchasing and very soft to the touch.
• Yes it is exactly like that color so pretty
• Color is accurate to the picture. It’s a red wine maroon like shown
 QUESTION: CALIFORNIAN OR EASTERN KING SIZE?
• Eastern King Size
• Sorry, I dont know. I bought a twin size.
 QUESTION: IS THE SHEDDING REALLY THAT BAD?
• I never had a problem with any shedding. It’s a great blanket!
• I have not experienced any shedding.
• I have not had any shedding. None. Not even after washing and drying several times.
• We have been using it since Christmas and have not seen any shedding-it is used as an extra cover on the bed and has not yet been washed. It will be washed on the gentle cycle when needed. Really like the blanket.
• Yes, it’s pretty bad. If there was a way to post a photo on Amazon I’d show you what your sheet will look like after you put the blanket on it. The only reason I haven’t returned the product is the cost of shipping it back to Amazon is the same (if not more) than the product price is. Noel, Australia.
• I bought this blanket for my teen son for Christmas and have had no shedding at all. I am planning on buying another one for myself. I am very picky and would have returned it if it shedded.
 QUESTION: HOW MANY WATTS OF POWER DOES IT DRAW? I HAVE A SOLAR POWER SYSTEM.
• Why would it draw any???Not an electric blanket.It is a very large, very warm blanket. So big and so warm I use it as my bed spread.Love it.
• It’s a regular blanket sooooo… none.
• Well, I’ve not tested this yet but I would encourage you to take it out and give it a go.. i look forward to your results
• Zero. Not electric.
 QUESTION: IT&#39;S WINTER TIME AND I DONT HAVE A HEATER. IT WILL GET 40 DEGREES IN THERE. IS THIS A GOOD ONE FOR KEEPING WARM?
• I would recommend looking at the Down Comforters. They are really warm, yet light weight. I got that for winter for around $35. Really worth it for the cold. Lying on micro fleece sheets or using a blanket for a sheet also helps Alot!
• Sorry I am so late in getting this response out. I have slept with mine around 60 degrees and this blanket has kept me more than warm. For the price it would be worth the try. I find myself throwing it off within about an hour. But I slept with it like I was inside a cacoon covering me from head to tow, as 85% of retained heat comes when your head is covered. If you purchase it, I hope you like it.
• I would not use alone. Probably will need additional cover, just my opinion.
• This is a very warm throw, but it’s just to throw it is not quilted or down filled. If it’s the only blanket you have I do not think it will be sufficient.
• My answer is yes!
• At those temperatures, you would probably need at least three of these blankets.
• Not by itself. My son uses two of them because he refuses to use a comforter.
• I got it for a Gift. It’s super soft. Not very heavy though. It’s a hoot couch throw blanket.
• Yes, as long as you have 4 or 5 of them. Be realistic. They layer beautifully, and are still light. You can peel back layers as needed, depending on temperature. Much better than a single thick comforter.
• Not really. It’s a lightweight throw.
 QUESTION: HOW IS THIS BLANKET SUPPOSED TO BE CLEANED?
• I just wash mine in the washer and dry in the dryer with no problems.
• I wash and dry mine with no problems. I bought two of these in the last few months and they still look the same after many wash and dry cycles.
• Machine washable
• Washer and dryer ! It get better the more you wash it !!
 QUESTION: IS AUBERGINE LIKE A PLUM PURPLE COLOR?
• Yes a dark purple like the picture
• I don’t know as i bought the beige one. But it looks like a deep plum color.
 QUESTION: WILL THIS BLANKET SHED / PILL?
• Mine has not shed or pilled up whatsoever. I think that the people who complain about it might be washing the blanket with towels or something. My Ralph Lauren plush blanket was RUINED that way. After 3 washes, there is absolutely no difference than when I had just bought it. Maybe not AS SOFT 100% but still at about a 90% lol.
• We have not had any problems. Very soft and nice blanket.
• Yes! I have waged it 3 times to make it stop “pilling”…. But to no avail! I didn’t keep packaging to return so I’m stuck with it. Or rather the dog house is stuck with it!
• No. I have washed it twice since purchasing and so far it has done neither
• My wonderful blanket does not shed or pill.
• I can’t speak for all Pinzon V. P. Blankets, but the one I received covered me in lint or threads. This was before I washed it and then after washing. Had to throw it away, it was so bad. May your experience be different, but if not, send it back.
• Mine hasn’t. Love it
 QUESTION: WHAT IS THE VELVET FABRIC MADE OF? (PER THE LABEL ATTACHED TO THE BLANKET)
• 100% Polyester.
• Polyester 100%
• 100 % ployester
• 100% Polyester fiber
• I really don’t know. It is not a very high quality of material. The hems have balls from the material balling up when I washed it.
 QUESTION: HOW IS THE PACKAGING? IS IT SUITABLE FOR A GIFT?
• So no package, I don’t recall; yes on gift. Great gift. Color is rich and stable.
• Yes, very definitely suitable for a gift! Very soft and cuddly!
• Can’t a recall re packaging, but I have two for a year now. They’re great, light, warm and have held up to the wash, pets, everything.
 QUESTION: DOES THE BLANKET &QUOT;PILL&QUOT; AFTER DRYING IN THE DRYER?
 QUESTION: HOW BIG IS IT?
• I think it is about 45 x 60. I am 5’3” and it covers me completely and it is the softest thing I have ever felt and warm as toast. I would recommend it for covering up and reading on a lazy afternoon.
• Not certain, but I would say 6×4.
 QUESTION: DID YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THIS BLANKET SHEDDING? WE HAD SIMILAR BLANKETS FROM BED BATH AND BEYOND ON A &QUOT;GOOD DEAL&QUOT; &AMP; COULDN&#39;T WASH THEM ENOUGH.
• Yes very much so. This type of material always sheds some but this throw was impossible to use. I washed it a number of times in hopes that the shedding would stop. When I took it out of the dryer the lint clung to everything. I finally gave up and threw it out.
• No problems with shedding
• We’ve had the tan color for 2 months with absolutely no shedding. We haven’t washed it yet, FYI.
• I bought this as a Christmas gift for my son and his wife. I read all the reviews and told him to wash it immediately. I advised him that when he put the blanket in the dryer to let it run two cycles. He said he had just a little bit when he first used it, but nothing drastic. He uses it all the time and loves it.
• I have washed mine once. Shedding has not been an issue.
• No the blanket did not shed at all. It’s very soft though!
• No shedding, we love it… -Jim
• So far so good. No shedding, but I have yet to wash them. I may dry clean them instead because they are so perfect right now. They are very very soft and very warm for being being on the thinner side! I have some other throws that when I washed them they lost their soft feel. Hope this helps!
 QUESTION: ANY COLOR SUGGESTIONS?
• Purple is very beautiful but it’s a dark purple
• Sand, was the color I picked. It’s a pretty tan color.
• I like the navy, but not the chocolate.
• Get the closest to scarlet or gray……………………GO BUCKS………… I have them both, really nice.
• Grey color is very modern looking…
 QUESTION: CAN I USE THE DRYER?
• I havent tried to wash them yet . I was thinking of dry cleaning them because they are so nice. I have some other throws similar to these ( not th esame brand) but when I started washing them they just got ugly after a few so I am trying to hang on to these for as long as I can .. I will update what happens if I wash them
• Yes, I dried mine–I think on low heat. I followed the directions for laundering on the blanket tag, and it washed and dried with no problems.
• Absolutely! I dry mine completely in the dryer so I can throw it back on the bed. It launders beautifully.
• According to the care label you should wash this item in cold water/gentle cycle and dry it on low/tumble.
 QUESTION: IS THE MATERIAL POLYESTER? WHAT DOES THE LABEL SAY? I&#39;M NOT SURE WHAT &QUOT;MICROPLUSH&QUOT; IS MADE FROM, AND THAT&#39;S ALL IT MENTIONS.
• It is 100% polyester. I love mine. Very soft, does not pill and does not shed.
• I’m mot sure about the material, but the throw is so soft and subtle. We love ours!
 QUESTION: HOW LARGE IS THE THROW??
• The Throw is 50×60. Not really very big. Wrap around your shoulder type, not a cuddle up. But it sure is soft.
• The throw is 50 X 60
• Oh dear. Um. Large enough. I fold into quarters for my bed so my adult size kitty can sleep on it. Room enough. The navy color is nice and dark. Pretty color. But, with that synthetic “shine”, not enough to bother me though. It is very plush. You could also throw around your shoulders or put over your knees comfortably. OH!!! When you wash it, make sure you put it on heavy duty cycle or heavy spin setting. It soaks in water and if you have it on lower setting it will not spin to get the water out. Could be my washer – but, I do have a new one with lots of capacity. So…?
 QUESTION: IS IT A COOL GREY OR WARM GREY IN COLOR
• It’s pretty much true to the color shown in the picture. I bought it for my dog to use in the car (to keep his toenails off the seats), so I wasn’t too concerned about the exact color. I just wanted gray.
• Not sure why they forwarded a color question to me because mine is a different color completely, but I will say I am very happy with my throw. It is thick, very plush and does not pill despite many washings.
 QUESTION: I WANT TO GIFT THIS BLANKET. HOW DOES IT COME PACKAGED? IN A PLASTIC BAG? WITH A RIBBON?
• Actually it came in both…came in a zippered plastic bag (very thick) and a tasteful 2″ brown ribbon tied around it. I chose the brown color, but I will assume that the ribbon color coordinates with the color of the blanket that you choose. You could probably ditch the plastic packaging, retie the ribbon around the blanket, and slide the “how to care for it” card under the ribbon. Also, this is not a thick blanket…but it works great as a nice throw here in Arizona.
• It comes packaged with a beautiful wide purple ribbon. Actually, the ribbon was so nice that I tied it around a decorative box on a shelf in my bedroom where I use the throw as an accent at the foot of my bed. It ties the entire room together beautifully.
• It doesn’t matter what the wrapper looks like—-It’s a piece of junk.. Terrible throw!!! Do not waste your money…… EA
 QUESTION: DOES THIS BLANKET SHED? THANKS.
• Not at all. I have grey on. White sheet and no evidence of shedding. Best blanket ever.
• Absolutely not.
• After 2 washes I’m still waking up covered in lint.
• Yes, at first. Little fuzz balls. After a couple of washes its seems fine now. I still love it and it’s so soft.
• I have both a queen size blanket and a throw on my bed and neither have shed at all but I have not yet washed it which may change things. I can say I have never had a shedding problem with any of the Pinzon microfiber blankets I’ve had to date but you can never be positive with new fabrications. Some of them did pill after a few washes but I wouldn’t call it excessive. One thing I may do differently than most ppl, I love the feel of these blankets so much, I don’t use a top sheet under them. Possibly that’s why I have no shedding while others seem to experience various amounts
• Yes, mine shed a lot and I had fuzz all over everything. It started after a few washes.
• Not at all.
 QUESTION: DOES THE TEAL MATCH THE COLOR OF ALL THE PICTURES? IN THE PICTURES, IT LOOKS LIKE BLUE, NOT TEAL TO ME.
• Sorry, can’t tell you because I got the brown blanket, which is a dark chocolatey brown. The blanket is very soft and cozy.
• I ordered a red velvet one and it looks exactly as the color online.
 QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE DIMENSIONS FOR THE KING SIZE?
• Not sure I bought one for my Queen size bed and it is larger than my other blankets, infact it hangs over the two sides by 9 inches. So I am sure all the blankets are large.
• 90 inches by 108 inches
 QUESTION: CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE EXACT THICKNESS OF THE THROW?
• It’s a little bit lighter than you would expect but the good thing is it doesn’t shed even in the machine. Imagine it as something you would put at the foot of tour bed for when you take afternoon naps.
• I’d say about 3/16″, it feels great and is very warm.
• It is not very thick it is very soft nice to cuddle with warm I like it
• I can’t say exact, but it’s about a 1/4 inch. It’s pretty thin, but it’s the softest blanket I’ve ever owned… and surprisingly warm.
• Product Dimensions: 60 x 50 x 0.5 inches ; 1.3 pounds
• I don’t have it one hand, but I remember that it was about average thickness, and it was very warm.
 QUESTION: DOES IT KEEP YOU WARM, AND IS A QUEEN SIZE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR A QUEEN BED /TWO PEOPLE?
• Yes, and yes!! This is a wonderful, warm blanket – I forgot to turn the furnace on the first night it got cold here last week, but I never even noticed while under this blanket!! I have a full size blanket for a full size bed, and it hangs down over the edges, so I’m pretty sure a queen size will fit a queen size bed just as well. I honestly couldn’t recommend this blanket more highly – I use it every night, and bought a second one just in case I need a spare!!
• I use it as a chair cover, so I don’t know how warm it is. it is very soft. I usually get king size blankets for our queen size beds.
• They are very thin. I do think it would fit a queen bed. I ordered the throws.
• Yes, it is the right size and keeps us warm
 QUESTION: IS A TWIN BIG ENOUGH FOR ME? IM 5&#39;2 AND IT FITS MY HEIGHT BUT I LIKE TO CURL UP IN BLANKETS
• I would buy a bigger size blanket, I bought my son a king blanket for his queen bed so he had ‘curl’ up room
• It’s a small blanket. It’s like a great lap blanket for relaxing on the couch, but it’s not really big enough to be a bed blanket. That said, it is incredibly soft. Get one for the couch, and a big one for the bed.
• Sure can i’m 5.8 an i can curl up
 QUESTION: THE BLANKET DOES IT SHADE
• I think you mean shed? And yes at first there’s lots of little fuzzies that come off the blanket
• It sheds quite a bit after washing it, but going over it with a lint roller will help it from shedding further.
• Yes. Big time. Bought the purple ones two months ago and after I washed them there was purple fuzz everywhere. I have vacuumed every week and washed them again and again and still I am finding purple fuzz everywhere.
• Straight from out of the bag i did not have this shed! Maybe a few tiny threads but thats all, this blanket is my absolute favorite! Great buy
• I’m not sure because I haven’t had to use the throw as of yet
• I’d love to help but I do not understand the question. Please help me understand what shade means?
 QUESTION: WHAT IS THE GMS OF THIS BLANKET?
• I’m not sure what you’re asking. a very soft, lightweight throw. Decorative for my guest bedroom.
• Very nice and soft
 QUESTION: IS THIS BLANKET A TRUE GRAY? IT LOOKS VERY DARK IN THE PICTURE AND ALMOST HAS A BROWNISH LOOK.
• It is grey and great! Highly recommended.
• It is a true gray. It is plush so photographs darker because of the texture. I am using it under a satiny gray duvet and there is no color clash.
• Yes, it is a true grey. I have this on my bed right now and I absolutely love it. It is very soft and comfortable, I highly recommend this item.
 QUESTION: HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE THE THICKNESS OF THIS BLANKET? DOES IT FEEL THIN/CHEAP?
• I’d agree with a medium thickness. It feels so nice and soft and warm, yet doesn’t feel heavy in weight. The price and quality is very good. Have had it for two months and am very happy with the purchase.
• I guess as thick or alittle thicker than your average throw blanket. If I were to assign a measurement I’d say it’s close to maybe a 1/2 inch. I use it on my bed because of the fact it’s not super thick. It’s the only one I use too, no top sheet. It’s literally perfect because it insulates the warmth without over heating you. As if it breathes easier than a thick comforter. Hope that helps.
• It feel bad for me – color describe wrong – it is not sund, but green 🙁 Should return…
• The blanket is extremely soft. It’s a medium to light weight. It’s very sturdy in build (as in the fibers are close together). It’s about 65 in my home at all times and the blanket is warm enough for us to have a comfy rest with just that and a sheet. I hope this helps. I thought it was a great purchase for the price and the silver looks wonderful.
• In my opinion it’s the perfect weight… It definitely doesn’t feel cheap at all. It’s everyone’s favorite blanket in my house. I’ve had it over year and haven’t had any pilling washing it in a washing machine with no agitator.
• It was very thin and did not offer any warmth. Replaced it with a Polar Fleece blanket which is light but warm.
 QUESTION: IS THE GRAY A LIGHT GRAY OR DARK GRAY? I WAS HOPING TO GET A DARK GRAY TO COMPLEMENT THE LIGHT GRAY WE HAVE.
• Its dark grey…almost a brownish grey
• I feel that is a darker gray. I have considered painting my walls a soft gray to complement it. My Favorite blanket ever!!
• I ordered sand, not grey. But it is green. Comfortable, but sheds after first wash
• It’s light grey, if possible I would attach a photo but yhe it’s not dark at all.
• I don know, I bought a blue one. It is light weight, super soft, and SO warm. Worth every penny.
• Its dark
 QUESTION: MADE IN USA?
• No, the tag says, “Made in China.” I’m so disgusted that our govt. has sold us out!!!
• I don’t know where it was made, but it NEVER stops shedding. I cannot tell you how many times it was laundered but never, I mean never, stopped shedding. I threw it away! I sent my comments in previously when I was asked for an opinion.
 QUESTION: WOULD YOU SAY IT&#39;S A LIGHT WEIGHT BLANKET? I CAN&#39;T HAVE A HEAVY ONE. THANKS!
• Yes, very light weight and really Soft
• It is very light, at least, for me.
• Yes indeed it is.
• It’s a light weight blanket. I like it very much. Very soft and luxury look.
• Very! I just bought it as a blanket to use on the back seat of my truck for my dog. It’s very light.
QUESTION: WHO HAS THE LOWEST PRICE?
• Amazon. The ASIN number is B00BS4PSA4
Click here: [http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BS4PSA4](http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BS4PSA4/?tag=team-dig-20)